fot

[Fot] Fun weekend at VIR!

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fun weekend at VIR!
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:46:19 -0400
It was great to get out to VIR - it had been way too long! Henry,
Tony, Leo, Dennis, Dean, Bob W., George W., Captain Rob, Mark Craig
(with a '72 Spit and soon to be nominated to the FOT) and I all had
cars there, and Ernie and.the Marshalls (and Brad, of course) were
there for support. If I missed anyone, I apologize!

Poor Henry's engine only made it one lap, Rob's car developed a bad
knock, Dean's car didn't make it much longer than Henry's, and my oil
pressure got low and stayed there, so we went on the trailer before
something catastrophic happened. When we left at lunchtime today,
everyone else was doing well and looking forward to the last races.
I'll let everyone fill In their own details...

Brad and I got to shake the hand of the retired vice admiral of the
Atantic fleet, Hank Giffin, who is a board member of VDCA and races a
Morgan, and helped him work on his trailer lights. He is a very nice
man, and showed some interest in possibly getting into a Spitfire
instead of the Morgan.

I did get two full days of racing and Henry was able to at least get
one session in in Tristan, so I wasn't disappointed in the weekend at
all, and I also get a billet bottom end out of this, since we can now
use the Moldex crank we got last year, yay! I had hoped Henry and I
could share the enduro, but oh well. There's always next time!

Susan.    :)

Sent from my iPhone