fot

[Fot] [Fwd: FOR SALE: Vintage race parts- Spitfire/GT-6]

To: FOT LIST <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] [Fwd: FOR SALE: Vintage race parts- Spitfire/GT-6]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:53:09 -0600
Hmmm.....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        FOR SALE: Vintage race parts- Spitfire/GT-6
Date:   Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:51:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:   tboyd@adlmail.com

I bought an engine that was pulled from a Triumph factory race team car in
1975. The motor came from a hill climb car that was disassembled when
British Leyland closed their completion department.

My plan was to install it in a 66 Spitfire after upgrading the brakes,
suspension and cooling. To make a long story short, the car was mostly
completed but this motor was never installed. I was told before I bought
it that a connecting rod bearing had spun but only light damage was done
to the crankshaft. The pistons and connecting rods were lost in a move but
I still have everything else.

The cylinder head has double springs and alloy retainers. I was told that
the competition dept shop had over 60 hours of bench time polishing and
setting up this part. I also have the camshaft which is hand-stamped
"Kastner S-2". I'm told this is a great cam for performance but still
satisfactory for street driving.

Its pretty obvious after 30 plus years that I'm not going to put this
engine back together. If someone could use vintage racing parts with a
little history and is willing to pay a fair price, please drop me a note.

The car is still gathering dust in the wayback of the garage but that
story is probably best left for another time. Car and parts are garage
stored in Southeastern Minnesota.