fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 tire & rim size for Speedsters

To: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>,<fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 tire & rim size for Speedsters
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 19:58:28 -0500
I run 205's on 6" wheels, and Jack ran that size too.  On my car
clearance isn't a problem as I have mild flares.  Jack ran with stock
fenders and while it was a net fit, there wasn't a problem with
fender rub.  The wheel offset is going to be critical for that, I
would think.  I'm not sure that the 205 gives more grip than the 185,
and the 185 sure would be less troublesome to fit.

If you pass me in the carousel at Road America on 185's I'll concede
that they have more grip... :)

Glad to hear you got a HANS, too.

- Tony