fot

[Fot] Not quite Triumph material - 24 hours of Lemons in Stafford,

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Not quite Triumph material - 24 hours of Lemons in Stafford,
From: robert bownes <bownes@seiri.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:02:18 -0400
Ok, so there is zero triumph material in this other than the car is in the
same garage as my TR6 and GT6...And if we have enough fun, we're going to
race a GT6 next race.

Mostly for the folks in the Northeast, but anyone else who happens to have
interest, 'sponsorship' connections, publicity connections, or just plain
wants to laugh at us...

My insane college/post college companions and myself are putting together an
effort ( heretofore known as the Knights Who Say Ni-ssan) to race in this
year's 24 hours of LeMons event being held in Stafford Springs Ct.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/neweng09/

We have one goal. Finish. We strive not to be beaten by our own equipment.
Especialy not our own equipment weilded by our team mates or spouses. My
wife has been eyeing the 6' steel pry bar a lot of late however...

Anything beyond that is considered gravy.

The team consists of one seasoned SCCA club racer, two seasoned
autocrossers, and two car nuts. We're looking for folks to help round out
the team. We need all the groupies and hangers on we can gather of course,
but a few folks with mechanical ability as well might prove to be of some
help.

Given that our sixth driver flaked out over the weekend, siting a desire to
spend time with his family or some other such nonsense, we are particularly
looking for some chump, er, qualified individual who would be interested in
the position of driver #6.  Someone who can contribute some modicum of
driving ability, experience or at least interest, the deep seated desire to
actually finish 15 hours of racing with 5 other sweaty, overweight, bleary
eyed whack jobs and the financial wherewithal to help contribute to getting
the untested steel steed, a tired old Nissan 200SX, out onto the track in
the next 8 weeks. Oh, and a decent knowledge of Monty Python helps.

A bonus if you can recite the entire Spam skit. To yourself. Silently. Every
time.

Team meetings are usually Saturdays (from about 10 - 5) at my house in Sunny
Troy NY where we are in the process of  making said car ready to go.

Get hold of me if you're interested in any role, even as a hanger on. Or if
you know someone who can send us SX200 parts, T shirts, or empty SPAM cans
to patch up the rust holes. We're even willing to take on a few 'real'
sponsors.

The challenge before us...
http://gallery.bithose.com/main.php?g2_itemId=20160

Thanks!