fot

[Fot] clutch disc

To: <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] clutch disc
From: "Gary Horstkorta" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:06:31 -0700
Hello:

Question for the group  what is the diameter of a stock TR4 clutch disc?
Reason I ask is I just ordered a new Borg & Beck (I thought) clutch disc
from The Roadster Factory which arrived today.  It looked larger than the
disc I just had in the car and when I measured the diameter it was 5/8
wider.  The extra width will not allow it to marry up to the pressure plate
I have been using.  The TRF clutch disc measures 9 1/8 in diameter and the
friction material is 1 1/2  wide.

I compared the pressure plate and clutch disc to what I had just removed
from the car with  two older sets I had on the shelf, one Borg & Beck set
and on LUK set.  Both of these sets are the same size as the set I recently
removed from my TR4.  All these clutch discs measure 8 = in diameter with
the friction material 1 < wide.  I checked the TRF catalog and based on
their listing, I ordered the correct part (116638) number and that number is
on the box the new disc came in.  In addition, the TRF disc is too wide to
use with my new Joe Alexander lightweight flywheel but all the other clutch
discs fit perfectly.  So something is amiss which I will clarify with TRF
tomorrow.  In the meantime, does anyone have any info that will help
determine what it is TRF sent me?  Thanks.

Gary

1962 TR4