fot

Re: [Fot] Carlisle R.IP.

To: "'RACER BUD'" <budscars@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Carlisle R.IP.
From: "Jim" <britbits@netzero.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 22:17:11 -0500
Bud, Glenn is right, Carlisle has probably gone beyond the point of no
return on LBC deals.

25 years ago you'd see box trucks loaded with NOS Lucas lenses, Smith's
gauges, etc etc etc.  Mostly from east coast dealerships and auto parts
stores that'd recently closed.  That supply of parts is long gone.  Blame
time... And maybe ebay too.

At the same time, most of the people going to Carlisle are looking for the
ultimate deal.  A friend who's been a vendor since the mid-80s doesn't take
any good parts anymore as people will try to offer $25 for an o/d gearbox.
So mostly it's the junk he can't sell at the better swap meets/shows.

Still regret passing up the aluminum flywheel with clutch setup (all new)
for a Spitfire 1147.  Only $25, but the seller couldn't tell me if it'd fit
my newly acquired 1500 (it wouldn't).

As my friend pointed out.. Would have made a neat wall hanging.  ;)

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas