fot

Re: [Fot] Early Spitfire Splined Axle

To: <list@mackenzie.aero>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Early Spitfire Splined Axle
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 00:48:54 -0500
Yep, that's a bit of a different setup. I'm guessing it's some kind of early
"competition" axle setup. I say early because the comp axles I've had in my
Mk. 1 Spit (one set acquired about 1975, replaced about 10 years ago) have
always been solid units at the outer end that stab through the hub from
outside to inside.

Then at the inside end of the axle, mine are indeed splined to a flange that
connects outer axle to inner axle.

Not sure where you'd find a modern competition axle setup, but my friend
Duane Bailey might know. He's a Spitfire racer in Michigan, runs a Britcar
business including competition work (he builds my engines, etc.).
dbailey_wmy@yahoo.com or 616-878-5774.

--Rocky Entriken