fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 stock lifter weight?

To: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 stock lifter weight?
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:03:47 -0500
Early last year uncle jack did a lot of research on lifter hardness
(check the archives).  He found the BPNW lifters consistently tested
about 57 Rc.  The only problem with them is that someone in India or
Pakistan, or wherever they are made decided to put a rather large
chamfer on the edge.  This cuts down the effect diameter by about
0.040.  If your cam requires a full sized lifter, don't use them without
removing the chamfer.
Larry