fot

Re: [Fot] who builds their own engines?

To: Bill Bartlett <BillBartlett@wingnutracing.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] who builds their own engines?
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:07:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 30 May 2009, Bill Bartlett wrote:

> Curiosity
> Just wondering how many racers build their own engines vs have them
> professionally built and prepped?
> Bill B

mine (so far) are home-built. I've also built 5 or 10 for other folks.
I've def. done at least three from scratch and I've had a hand in the
other ones...

I haven't built anything more than what the Kastner TR6 book says (yet).
I'm looking for reliabitiy more than ultimate power.

the only prob. I've had to this point with all those motors was a broken
rocker arm which was a rebuilt stock piece. Rather than risk that problem
again, I switched to roller rockers about 5 years ago. def. the way to go
if you're not constrained by rules.

These motors are easy to work on as long as you're not trying to get 2X
the factory specs from them.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489