fot

[Fot] TR3 New Oil Sender Line.

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3 New Oil Sender Line.
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:17:52 -0400
Grettings folks.

I decided to change out the flex line for my OP gauge because it was starting
to seep some.  I have replaced this thing a couple times before in the 28 odd
years I have been driving the car, so I looked for another solution.  I gave
Ted Schumacher a call and he sent me a complete "aeroquip" type braided
stainless line that goes from the fitting near the fuel pump all the way to
the instrument.

Install was straightforward, with the proviso that you put some TFE paste on
the threads of the gauge itself where the hose adapter connects. I also had to
use different clamps than the stock steel pipe on the firewall, but a trip to
the hardware yielded some nice plastic wire loom clips that work great.

This won't be for someone entering judged shows, but if you are like me, and I
suspect most of you are, and you drive your TR3 this makes for a nice, good
looking in a racer kind of way, fix.  It also simplifies the install as it
elminates one connection in the circuit.  And simple is better, yes?

Price is reasonable too.

Thanks for a good product Ted.

Terry Stetler.