fot

Re: [Fot] belt re-webbing

To: "Andre Rousseau" <andre@gt6.ca>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] belt re-webbing
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:28:40 -0500
I discovered basically the same thing when I looked into getting my Simpson
belts re-webbed.

Was easier just to buy a new set. But then, I offered my out-of-date belts
for sale to autocrossers (who have no date requirement). Sold them for more
than the difference between reweb and new, but it was still a cheap price to
the solo guys.

'Nother trick. Last year I shared my car a few times in solo events with a
skinny guy. Rather than readjust the lap belts back and forth each time, I
just put my old laps in next to the new ones, connected to the same eyebolt
and we each had our own set already adjusted to our individual needs
(shoulder straps readjust every time anyway).

--Rocky