fot

Re: [Fot] Spun a d#@n bearing

To: toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spun a d#@n bearing
From: rkrantz77@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:53:27 +0000 (UTC)
Jim,

Has Kas given any input on this?B  The problem with tractor motors is the 3
main bearing design.B  The center main has to supply oil to the #2 and #3 rod
bearings.B  On Spitfire engines I open up the Center main holes to the rods
and the entrance hole to allow more oil flow out to the rods.B  RPM and main
bearing diameterB areB two of the major factors that influence oil flow
(centrifical force).B  Rod bearing diametral and side clearance are the major
factors controling oil retention/flow at the rod journals.B  I would suspect
excess side clearance as a root cause of your failure if #2 bearing was not
showing signs of bearing distress.

Ron K

ReK Racing