fot

Re: [Fot] Group 44 GT6+ accepted at Monterey

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Group 44 GT6+ accepted at Monterey
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:58:01 -0700
Oops, too long, resending:

Congratulations. I don't know if you done the Monterey Historics
before. Not a huge amount of track time, but it's great fun. Several
things to make sure you attend:

The driver's party--I've heard of people actually giving this a pass.
Crazy!! Not like any driver's party you've ever attended before.
Spectacular food. And don't skip the award ceremony on Sunday either.
Great fun.

The
Quail--http://www.quaillodge.com/events/index.cfm?eventId=EV_2009020411145569
2491
   Kind of Toity but spectacular.  It's sold out already but if you
have any buddies at Bonhams they might front you a pass.

Nightime auctions in town--Bring a cigar and a flask.

Here's a basic schedule

Saturday, 8 Aug 2009
Monterey Pre-Historic Races

Sunday, 9 Aug 2009
Monterey Pre-Historic Races

Monday, 10 Aug 2009
No Listing

Tuesday, 11 Aug 2009
Automobilla Monterey
Carmel-by-the-Sea Concours on the Avenue. This year, one day only!
(Porsche, Ferrari and all Marques)

Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009
Automobilia Monterey
Blackhawk Exposition Sale
McCall Motorworks Revial 2009

Thursday, 13 Aug 2009
Pebble Beach Tour dIligance
Russo & Steele Auction
Blackhawk Exposition Sale

Friday, 14 Aug 2009
Monterey Historic Races -- featuring Porsche
Pacific Grove Concours Auto Rally
Pelican Wine Tour and Canyon Run (Porsche cars)
The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering - SOLD OUT!
Bonhams & Butterfields Auction
Concorso Italiano
la Dolce Vita Concours dIligance (a new event)
RM Auction
Russo & Steele Auction
Blackhawk Exposition Sale
Pebble Beach RetroAuto

Saturday, 15 Aug 2009
Monterey Historic Races-featuring Porsche
Gooding & Company Auction
RM Auction
Russo & Steele Auction
Blackhawk Exposition Sale
Pebble Beach RetroAuto

Sunday, 16 Aug 2009
Pebble Beach Concours dIligance
Gooding & Company Auction
Monterey Historic Races -- featuring Porsche
Blackhawk Exposition Sale
Pebble Beach RetroAuto

Peyote was accepted too, but I just had to withdraw. My brother is
putting on a charity event in Boston the same weekend (30 miles of
paddling stand up paddle boards across Cape Cod Bay), and has just
gone through brain surgery. I feel I have to support him this year, so
I had to pull out.

I'm not happy. I love the historics. Some racers dislike the limited
track time, but there's so much to do for car guys that you find
yourself spinning in indecision.

Incidentally, if you don't have a place to stay already book, prepare
yourself for pain. You can stay in the paddock but hotels, the
campgrounds at Laguna and every cheap motel six up and down the coast
has doubled or tripled their rate and are probably already booked
solid. If you need a place shoot me an email, I might be able to help
but it will take some research.

I can certainly still offer other help though, especially if you need
a place to store the car before the CRC, or anything else like that.
What do you need?