fot

Re: [Fot] Fwd: Towing a GT6

To: "'Andre Rousseau'" <andre@gt6.ca>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fwd: Towing a GT6
From: "Paul MacDonald" <macdonaldp@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 23:53:55 -0400
I have towed TR8s and lots of MGBs many times with a tow bar. The key is to
take off the bumper and to have a piece of metal across the front which ties
the two bumper mounts together. I used a hat shaped piece of channel which
was bolted to the bumper mounts, both sides and the tow bar was bolted
through the metal shape into one of the bumper bolt holes each side.

I also got a set of lights from an RV dealer which suction cup to the trunk
lid. The longest tow was from Washington DC to Ottawa, about 600 miles. One
caution.....leave the key in the ignition and unlock the steering
wheel...you only don't do this once...

Paul