fot

Re: [Fot] Race tire poll

To: Bob Adams <adams910@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Race tire poll
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:44:43 -0700
What are the Hoosier Street TD's? I assume they are not the same as
the bias ply Vintage TD's

I've managed to get the Speedsters to work well, but they require
careful set up. They do not set up like true radials, not sure why.
Anything past 1.5 degrees of camber and you start losing time-- on my
car anyway. But they need that 1.5 degrees for sure.  Zero to 1
degrees of caster like bias plies doesn't work at all either.

They also need careful tire pressure adjustment. There is at least a
half second per minute in the right pressure--two pounds makes a big
difference.