fot

Re: [Fot] Early TR4 Street Car question

To: Scott Janzen <s.janzen@comcast.net>, malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Early TR4 Street Car question
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:53:41 -0400
On my 1958 TR3A, I can gain extra space by turning the steering wheel way
over to the extreme lock on one side or the other.  I can't remember which
side, but give it a try.  I use cogged belts and have no problem putting a
new on on.  I twist the belt 90 degrees so I'm only trying to pull about
1/2" past all the interference, not the full 3/4" width.  As for removing
your old one, just cut it off.