fot

[Fot] trunnion/control arm bushings

To: Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] trunnion/control arm bushings
From: Dlhogye@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 19:39:09 EDT
Hello   FoT,
   I've installed a new set of bushings on the lower control arms of my TR3
and reamed them to fit the new trunnion pin. It seems that the inner pivot
and outer pivot of the control arms are not in parallel. With the inner
mounted up the outer pivot has about 1/8"+ gap between the trunnion. I have the
problem with both sides. I realize that there are probably a number of ways
to remedy the matter. Like bending or straightening the arms to make the
ends become parallel or ream the bushings to a clearance that will make up the
difference or replace the inner steel sleeve arrangement with polyurethane
bushings to allow the trunnion to pivot without binding up. Its also possible
that the inner pivots are not straight.
   Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
   Thanks,
    Dave H.

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in
Just 2 Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585099x1201462822/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&
hmpgID=62&bcd=JulyExcfooterNO62)