fot

[Fot] trunnion/ control arm bushing

To: Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] trunnion/ control arm bushing
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 03:51:38 +0000 (UTC)
My apologies for sending an email though my aol address. A reply had the word
spam connected to it. I'm sending a return reply though my comcast address.

B Randall, thanks for your reply.
B B To clarify, with the 1/8"+ gap at the trunnion and the arms, as soon as I
try to lessen the gap, the trunnion binds up tight. I've reamed the bushings
to a close fit and they move freely until I try to tighten the gap. I've
opened up the diameter of bushes on one side, to what I feel is too sloppy, to
decrease the binding and I feel that this is also not correct because the
trunnion pin is now riding on a small portion of the bushing surface because
the pin is cocked in the bushing a bit. I think that I can make this work, but
it doesn't seem right. I have a factory service manual that describes to
trunnion set up and I have a good understanding of the process. This is
however my first attempt at setting up a TR and I'm wondering if this is a
typical sort of problem one might have. I'd really like to get it right and
not too tight.B

B B Thanks again for the reply,
B B  Dave