fot

[Fot] TR4 race car for sale, lot's of financial interest,

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TR4 race car for sale, lot's of financial interest,
From: <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:03:48 -0500
Long story short, I bought a TR4 racecar for my son to race, then found a
better one. Soooo I have an TR4 almost a racecar for sale (taking offers) and
it is advertised in the VTR Classifieds at:

http://www.vtr.org/classifieds/detail.php?siteid=4277

Here is the info I posted:

This is an interesting car. It is sort of set up for racing. The story is that
a fellow named Elmer Peters raced a TR4A in the SCCA. At some point he wrecked
the TR4A and converted his solid axle TR4 into a race car by moving over his
race parts. I can find no evidence that he ever got this car on the track but
maybe it was autocrossed, I don't know.

For a street car it is in need of restoration but it is what they typically
call rust free. There is surface rust on the frame but overall it does not
appear to have any body issues. I got it out of Ohio but the car was reportedly
from Florida. He took pains to not do anything to the body that was not
reversible short of mounting the roll cage, seat and some accessories.
Truthfully, this car can go either way, make it a race car or restore it to the
original.

I do not know the original color but it has a racer coat of thin maroon paint
on it now. All the body panels are solid and you can see from the pics that
they fit pretty well.

My first impression was that the engine was the stock motor that came with the
car but I have recently cleaned out the fuel syetem and replaced the old gas. I
drove it yesterday and engine is better than I first thought. The new fuel
perked it up and it didn't smoke like it did before I cleaned it out. It may be
mildly race prepared as it has quit a bit of pep. The clutch hydraulics are a
little weak, maybe needing to be bled again. It has a header a later long
branch manifold and early H6 SU's, common for racing but I have the original
manifold. It has an overdrive transimission and the rear axle is standard issue
open gears (no Detroit Locker or Southwick conversion). The brakes have been
rebuilt end to end with new Stainless Steel flexible brake lines and rebuilt
cylinders and calipers.

I have a ton of spares that I got with the car including the seats, the old
interior. spare differential, windscreen, top frame etc. I can make up a spares
package from my other parts to suit the buyers tastes, either street car or
race. There are the racing wheels in the pictures and another set of stock
steel wheels, I think the hubcaps are in the spares but I can make no
guarantees until the stuff is sorted.

I bought this car for my son to race but recently lucked into a better car for
him, so this one has to go.

You can contact me through email :
rkramer@rdoequipment.com or call me at work 512-272-4141 or nights 512-250-9498

The car is located near Austin Texas and I have lots of pictures that I can
email you if you are interested. I paid $4500.00 for it but I am motivated to
sell because the new TR4 took it's spot in the garage.