fot

Re: [Fot] CRC

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] CRC
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:57:04 -0400
And, thanks to Bill for a grand party for his 50 year old racer.  Good time,
Bill.
---- Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com> wrote:

=============
Naturally since the CRC weekend is over we're having crystal blue
skies with a few high clouds and cool air that would be idea for
making ponies.  I always consider September to be the Northwest's
summer, but it fooled us this year. Still, a fine time, so great to
see all of you. Special thanks to the large contingent of California
Triumph races. It was nice to put some faces to all those email
addresses.  Alan, sorry about your car, and thanks for the meatball
sub. That one wall has collected a lot of paint over the years. You're
in good company, I saw Michael Andretti turn a car back into a kit of
parts in exactly the same spot once.

I didn't get many pictures--too busy banging aluminum flat and whining
about the weather. I'd like to get all I can to populate the CRC
website. If you have any to share I'd greatly appreciate it. Either
email them to me or send me a link to an online gallery and I can
swipe them from wherever they stand.

Sure was great to see Mordy get the Kastner cup. He surprised the heck
out of me running up on Peyote like that. I had to work my tail off to
stay in front of him. Great car and a great drive.

Another special thanks to our midwest contingent. I didn't get to
spend much time with Tony Drews, and Monday, when it was all over I
was walking over to chat and saw his van and trailer headed out the
gate!  Safe drive, Tony. Hope you had a good time and thanks for
making that long haul. Joe Alexander  kind of quietly slipped away
too--I wasn't the only one looking to say 'bye. I had a bunch of
people come to my paddock looking for him.

I think I got to chat with most folks, though as usual, I was
distracted by a lot of stuff, and as the poster boy for ADD,
distracting me is easy. What was I saying...oh, look, a butterfly.
Anyway, fun racing with all of you.

Bill
You are subscribed as kaskas@cox.net

Fot@autox.team.net