fot

Re: [Fot] Spitty racer for sale??

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@cox.net>, "'Robert Lang'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitty racer for sale??
From: "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwnfot@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:02:55 -0400
Good grief guys!

For $1700 it will provide a lot of fun and be competitive if the other cars
all perform to that level. If Joe shows up he'll blow their doors off, for
sure.

We AC'd a 1967 Spitfire in the 70's and 80's that was so rusty you had to
lift on the doors to shut them. The 1147 engine was ported, bored and
balanced, suspension lowered and had koni shocks. We had 4-6 drivers for it
and ran old radials or Formula Ford tires from Lime Rock. If nothing else we
were competitive amongst ourselves and back then 3 or more entrants made
their own class depending on the club. Once a PCA friend drove the car and
he loved it so much he said "don't change a thing!"

For $1700 if the car was near me I would be mighty tempted to go have some
fun again!

Clark