fot

Re: [Fot] Survey: TR3-4 camshaft breakage

To: "'Bob Adams'" <adams910@gmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Survey: TR3-4 camshaft breakage
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:06:53 -0500
Bob,

Larry Young, who is designing camshafts for some of the FOT, likes to use
new blanks rather than regrind for his race camshafts. His thinking is that
during the regrind they also reduce the diamter of the shaft to keep it
smaller than the base of the lobes. He is worried about your exact problem.
Maybe he'll chime in.

Bob K
Austin TX