fot

Re: [Fot] Vitesse Sports 6 transmission

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Vitesse Sports 6 transmission
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:09:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/2009 5:22:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bentleyblvd@yahoo.com writes:

Received below note from a  fellow Vitesse owner, offering up for sale a
surplus  transmission.

Chad  <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>

> I have a surplus Sports 6 / Vitesse  transmission I would
> like to sell.  These are special  transmissions as they
> have the ratios in them from the factory that  make them
> "close ratio".  It is from a 54K original mile  car.  I can send pictures
> of the internals to interested  parties.

==AM==

FYI for anyone who might be interested:

"normal" early Spitfire ratios:  1.0 , 1.4 , 2.16 , 3.75
"normal" early Vitesse/Sports 6 ratios: 1.0 , 1.25 , 1.78 , 2.93

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)