fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 crankshaft end play

To: timmurph@fastbytes.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 crankshaft end play
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 03:28:47 GMT
Tim, 0.001 is too tight.  I would go with the 0.006, but if you want to get
closer to the low end of the tolerance, sand 0.003 of the back of half of the
thicker bearings.  I made a wooden fixture that the bearings fit into so that
I could sand them with emery paper on a flat plate, without sanding my finger
tips off.  It also keeps them level so an even amount is taken off.  Joe(B)