fot

[Fot] spitfire head torque and valve adjustment

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] spitfire head torque and valve adjustment
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:34:10 -0700 (PDT)
We'll we're are a three Triumph car family, two race cars now. The GT6 and now
a 1965 Spitfire we bought from Mac out in L.A.

I'll give a photo shop on the
cars when I get some time.

I need to adjust the torque on the 1300 cc head
and I need the valve adjustment sequence as I do not have a shop manual yet.
The Spit has been raced sine 1973 from Seattle to Huntington Beach with the
VARA.

I don't think CVAR is going to let me run the car so much as there is a
full cage which extends beyond the firewall to the front area of the frame and
radiator... we'll see.... It was a great deal on the Spitwad and I'll get a
chance to run it with other clubs I'm sure...

All the best....

Bobby
Whitehead

1971 TR6