fot

Re: [Fot] Ridge riding (no Triumph content, but kool)

To: tony@tonydrews.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Ridge riding (no Triumph content, but kool)
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:26:42 -0400
The high banks and bluffs of the Missippi River between Lansing and Prairie Du
Chien provide some entertainment for low level flying.

Landing at Meigs (former) Field while looking up at the Sears (former)
Building provides a little of the same sensation for small town Iowa Boys.

Especially when the tower control frequency dropped out and there was a
scramble to get clearance on ground control.

'WHAT'S YOUR POSITION 32 ALPHA?"

"DOWNWIND TO 18"

"CLEARED TO LAND!!!!"

1960s radios were not all that reliable.