fot

Re: [Fot] Break-in Oil

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, "Mark Eginton"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Break-in Oil
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:33:57 -0500
The on the shelf VR1 has the ZDDP again. I think oil manufacturers realized
that modern cars, which would have had emmission components compromised by
ZDDP, just don't call for straight weight 30,40 and 50 and 20w50 grades.
When their customers learned about what the lack of ZDDP could/would do to
flat tappet cams their sales hit the skids as we looked for other oils, so
they eventually put the ZDDP back in. Check out the shelves and the labels.
The VR1 bottles often have stickers on them pointing to the fact that they
put is back. I'm pretty sure that the MSDS sheets online have also been
updated with this info. For $3.99 a bottle VR1 is a bargain.

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi