fot

[Fot] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: "Diesel Performance Parts Inc. - Info" <info@dieselperformanceparts.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:45:44 -0500
Morning FOTer's,

As always posting because I need help, having owned a Spit and a TR6
back in the "day" I sold my Shelby race car and started racing a Spit,
love it but I am sort of out of it as compared to the Ford parts and
where to get what and what fits what and such. So back to my problem,
going like a mad man with NDA shipments and such to get ready to
reinstall my originally incorrectly made Summer Brothers axles and while
doing that I was going to upgrade to GT6 rear drums. As you know the
only way to get the backing plates changed is to ruin a bearing locking
ring, maybe ruin a bearing and have to totally take out both axles, hubs
etc etc. Anyway got all my parts in painted prepped and waiting on
Summer Brothers to send my now hopefully correctly re done  axles back
NDA yesterday. Got'em in left the office and went home to put it all
together and planned leave this AM for VIR and the VDCA race. All my
buddies left Wed and I was to catch up. Well I get the 7/16" race wheel
studs pressed in and spot welded in place and I am ready to drop on the
4 bolt flange with the axle seal followed by the brake backing plates
and guess what, the bolt pattern on the backing plates I was sent is off
by at least 1/2" !!!!!  Turns out they are Rotoflex backing plates and
not the ones that match the Spitfire 4 bolt pattern. So I spend a couple
of hours calling everyone I know (especially west coast places as I need
them NDA today) and no one has/will take the time/or whatever) to see if
they have any. So VIR and the VCDA is out. But I still need the right
backing plates.

So does anyone have any they would sell to me?  They backing plates have
a 2.0" center hole, the smaller Spit bolt pattern around  2 3/8" center
to center measurement and are for the 8" x 1.5" shoe size.  They have
the same wheel cylinder as a Spit and also the same manual brake
adjuster set up. By the way the GT6 parts car I have has 8" x 1.5" drum
brakes if anyone needs them, they are "supposedly" rare???  Price can be
REALLY right as I need to re coup all the NDA charges I spent on nothing
now that VIR is out!!!!

Thanks from Brakeless in Tennessee!!  Hoping the "List" can help!

Mark Craig
Diesel Performance Parts, INC.
411 Allied Drive
Nashville, TN 37211