fot

[Fot] OILY AMBRO.....Progress. Damaged and Blocked Return Tube at

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] OILY AMBRO.....Progress. Damaged and Blocked Return Tube at
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:24:53 -0400
This morning I pulled the engine.  First time since final assembly last year.

Cool!  Never removed tilt forward body or radiator...

Engine came out easily from the side...of course everything is easy to get
to.

Oil Leak: Return tube on bearing block had been upset slightly and a small
piece of contamination completed the blockage. I am pretty sure this is the
cause of the leak.

If I reassemble and it still leaks, I may keep it to myself......:-)

If it was the tube  that was blocked, this situation was certainly self
inflicted. First time in forty years. Never have checked this tube before,
which causes me to think the scroll seal is blamed unfairly once again, in
other cars.

I took a small drill and bored it out. It is slightly oversized now...which is
likely a good thing.

Put this on your check list if you have not already..... and thanks for all of
the support.

Joe A....
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com