fot

[Fot] Steering wheel

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Steering wheel
From: "Gary Horstkorta" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 09:41:16 -0700
Hello:

I have what I think is a stock steering wheel in my street TR6.  It is a six
bolt pattern and measures 14" in diameter.  Problem - there is not enough
room in the foot box so I have to angle my knees to the sides when I'm
seated but my knees still contact the steering wheel.  I've been looking for
smaller steering wheel  (approx. 13" diameter) in the usual Brit parts
catalogs but have not found one.  I don't need an expensive, wood grain
Nardi or Momo model but would prefer a moderately priced version, even one
from a non-automotive supplier I could adapt to this application.  Any
suggestions?

Gary

1969 TR6
fot@autox.team.net