fot

[Fot] Building a new engine for the GT6

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Building a new engine for the GT6
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:31:13 -0700 (PDT)
I just dropped off a short block and I have one of the TR heads preferred for
race preparation.

I want to build a safe,fun, easy revving engine for the GT6+ race car.  Spare
engine...

I'm looking for ideas. I'm gonna needs some parts from the likes of Ted and
Joe, I'm sure. I've already got all the parts together for the head....
now...for the short block...
I'm looking for opinions and direction. Would like to hit 7000 rpm and be able
to keep the engine together for 3-4 seasons.

Flat top pistons? Do I NEED forged pistons? Should I bore it .040 over? .030,
.020 ??

I know I'm going to need the double row timing chain from the TR6, does the GT6
timing cover fit?

I DO have a Ric Cline cam and we are going to do cam bearings....

Looking for ideas and input... heck, if your build sheet shows up in an email,
that will be swellllllll.......

All the best (too hot in Texas !!!)

Sent my registration in for Heartland in August, so ... the GT6 will be there.

Bobby Whitehead
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html