fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 rear shock conversion

To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 rear shock conversion
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:24:00 -0700
A lot of tube shocks are rebuildable and refillable.
On Jun 22, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Kas Kastner wrote:

> Actually you can add oil to a tube shock or even change the oil to a heavier
grade.  You drill at the top of the cylinder a small hole and tap it for a
10/32 thread (or larger), drain the oil, or add oil, slowly I'll admit, then
insert a 10/32 threaded bolt (or whatever size you drilled and taped) with
locktite and it is over.  I have done it many times. It is easier if you drill
two holes so that when replenishing the oil the air has a way to escape and
thus hasten the filling process. It is wise not to go crazy with the hole size
as you have very little metal to tap. No, I have never tried welding up the
hole.