fot

[Fot] Australian 18th All Triumph Race

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Australian 18th All Triumph Race
From: "Geoff Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:56:27 +1000
Amici
The 18th Australian All Triumph Race was run last Sunday at Wakefield Park
Raceway about 3hours drive south of Sydney
This year a record number of 22 entries faced the starter on a clear crisp
winters day. The race was held in conjunction with the 50 year celebration of
TSOA NSW . The club put on a great display of some 60 Triumphs of various
vintage who all enjoyed a parade drive around the track and provided great
spectator support for the racing

The race field was made up of
Three Dolimite Sprints including one turbo
Four TR8s and four TR7s
One TR6 and two GT6s
five TR3s and three Sedans ,
The race was won by Mark Morsillo in his turbo charged Dolimite Sprint
followed by Bill Birney in his 3.9 TR8 and yours trully Geoff Byrne in my TR6
historic race car. I was please to do a PB by taking 2 secs off my best time
due to some extra HP found by metering unit tweeks.
We were fortunate to have two major sponsors for the race and $2000 in prize
money was distributed through the field and a special trophy was awarded to
Andrew Gibson for being the first side screen home in eighth place.

Geoff Byrne
TR6 Racer Down Under
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com