fot

[Fot] North American Distribution of the Christian Marx Crank Seal.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] North American Distribution of the Christian Marx Crank Seal.
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:52:11 -0400
VITON SEALS: Christian says it will be a few weeks before the second
production run will be done and shipped to the U.S.

I believe his seal price is presently $62 per seal, or very close to
that.....I will pass that through plus some postage when I ship to you.

TOOLING & MODIFIED SCROLLS: I proceeded with the machining of hard tooling to
modify the scroll seal. I got the cost of the fixture and the cost per piece
today.

The outcome looks feasible for me to offer to Triumph owners at a reasonable
price, if I can do 10 at a time.
If you are interested you could send matched scroll seals in advance and I
could proceed with modifying. It looks like it could be a modest $30 for the
modified scroll seal. Clean the pieces as best that you can and wire the two
pieces together. This will save time and confusion.

Bob Kramer donated 4 sets of scroll seals to get this project going. If anyone
would like to donate additional seals, that you have lying on the shelf, It
will help to keep the cost of the project down. (Thanks Bob!....as usual)

Looks like the cost of conversion is going to come in at about $100 with the
VITON SEAL and MODIFIED SCROLL.

CENTERING TOOL:  We are going to select better material for the centering tool
than we did for the first trial. Cost is still expected to be low so everyone
can have one in their toolbox without borrowing one or guessing at it. This
centering tool will work on OEM or OEM/MODIFIED seals. I should have info on
this within 7 days.

NOTE!  A comprehensive article is being written on the installation of this
seal for publication in the VTR magazine. This will be made available to the
FOT if you not already a member of VTR. Assembly of the engine is now taking
place and the article will be available in the next quarterly edition of the
TVT. This work is being done by the very progressive TRIUMPH group near
Chicago, known as the ISOA.

Joe A.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com