fot

Re: [Fot] VENUE PROPOSALS FOR KASTNER CUP-2011 IMPORTANT FOR

To: "Bob" <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] VENUE PROPOSALS FOR KASTNER CUP-2011 IMPORTANT FOR
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:06:12 -0500
Mid-America Motorplex, south of Omaha.

It's middle of the country, giving you the same advantages geographically
that Hallett provided and you'll get at HPT this year.

Okay, so maybe the event should move around a bit, go east in 2011, west in
2012, but come back to the middle and try MAM.

It's tabletop flat, which means you can see THE WHOLE TRACK from the stands
at the south end. It's not too fast, which seems to favor LBCs. I run out of
4th gear right at the end of whichever of the two long straights has the
tailwind. 14 turns in 2.23 miles and no turn stands alone -- every turn is
in combination with at least one other.

What's chance for a June date? I won't drive at HPT this year because it's
too close to the Solo Nationals (I do both, race and solo) and I'm not
taking the chance of breaking anything that close to my major event of the
year.

--Rocky Entriken