fot

[Fot] FOT GT6 Goes Racing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] FOT GT6 Goes Racing
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:33:22 -0500
Greetings All.
I Took my new GT6 Racecar out for the first time this weekend. It was the
cars first racing outing in 15 years. I had fellow FOT member Scott Barr as
my instructor which was totally awesome. between him, my dad and John
Reed... my crew of three had over 50 years of GT6 racing experience behind
them and it really showed. We took a car that had not seen a track in 15
years and were right there racing with porches, Miatas and ahead many very
fast cars. We made all but one of the 8 sessions of a very intense MCSCC
Drivers School and completed 49 high speed laps. In one day of racing
we overcame a water leak, brake replacement, oil leak, a throttle
peddle stuck behind the tunnel cover, and normal race prep. On the last
session the rear end got so hot it melted all the bushings that hold it in
place... the bushings were actually liquefied and dripping to the ground
when I got back to the paddock... which prevented us from racing again on
Sunday. I'll be replacing the rear end tonight so we can go racing this
weekend at Grattan. I don't post much but FOT list and archive has been a
very valuable resource in getting this car back on the track... Thanks to
ALL of FOT for being there with you knowledge and insight. This weekend was
a big victory for me and FOT. We are on the road to the Kastner Cup.

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing GT6+
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com