fot

Re: [Fot] Liner height question

To: "toodamnfunky@comcast.net" <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Liner height question
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:29:11 -0500
In your situation I would put the head on less the gasket, tighten to 50 lbs
and recheck. You may get better measurement results than you think. I have a
torque plate for that purpose. Actually I have two but that's another story.

IMHO, .002 side to side is an issue. I've seen stock compression engines have
a head gasket failure with this difference, but at the same time it was
possibly a quality of work issue.

Some people get the deck surfaced not realizing that that deck surface needs
to be indexed off the liner ledge, not the oil pan surface, resulting in
slightly slanted decks. Thus you cannot fix this problem with the liners. If
you cannot do it any other way use a stock head gasket and be extra careful
with the torquing and you will probably get through it.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Company
16415 N. IH 35
Pflugerville, TX 78660
512-272-4141 Office
512-657-8526 Cell
Dream big dreams, but never forget that realistic short-term goals are the
keys to your success.
~Mac Anderson