fot

[Fot] telescopic shocks for rear of TR4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] telescopic shocks for rear of TR4
From: Andrew Mace <herald948@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
 The subject line might be a bit misleading, as I'm not referring to any of
the currently available kits.

Thing is, last night I found my copy (1966 printing) of the Dave Allen/Dick
Strome _Triumph Guide_. Being easily distracted these days (why did I start
this e-mail...oh, yeah), I started leafing through and came upon something
very interesting at the end of the chapter on the "new" TR4.

There is a list of "Optional Equipment: (Under Development, to be released in
1962)" that shows, among other items (Part #0-02054TR4) Rear Shock Abserbor
[sic] (telescopic).

Perhaps Kas...or Mike Cook...or someone else can tell me if this is something
that ever did come about? I wonder, given the several kits recently available
from various sources, and the discussion / controversy / debate around same.

Anyone?

For anyone who's never seen this book, it's a great resource, worth whatever
you pay just for the description of the development of the TR2 and Ken
Rawlings' building of Buttercup! (If you don't know what "Buttercup" is, you
don't belong on this list! :-) )

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html