fot

Re: [Fot] misc

To: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] misc
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:21:35 -0500
The TR6 barn find in Salado is an interesting car. It has some race car
goodies but I think they want too much for what is essentially a basket case
TR6. The fenders are flared with metal spliced in. The engine is built to
some race standard but there is no telling if it has important stuff like
cam bearings. In my book it needs to be torn down regardless and there is no
claim of anything like Carillo rods, no Webers. I think they got a PI setup
with the spares but it is my understanding that they are selling the spares
separately. The headers look like small tube GT6 size to me. It came with a
couple of overdrive tansmissions and some sort of locked diff. There is no
sign of ever having a roll cage installed. My guess is that the original car
was autocrossed.

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi