fot

[Fot] Suggestions for the 60th Anniversary of Triumphs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Suggestions for the 60th Anniversary of Triumphs
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:55:23 -0400
Ted,

Excellent offering!  And certainly a candidate to consider.

Track time is severely limited, usually, but if that is not an issue, it
certainly is an adventure. I have been there three times and once drove a MGB
to a stunning last place finish.

All we need is a PROPOSAL from someone that contains a confirmation that we
are being invited to come by the sanctioning body and what they have in mind
for us.

A real visionary would propose a CLASSIC 12 HOURS OF SEBRING race for 1.2
Hours of racing  prior to the real 12 HOURS of SEBRING.....like they do at THE
24 HOURS OF LE MANS.....that has grown into a serious vintage event.

Ted, do you have someone that could make a proposal?  We need someone to lead
that effort.

THANKS!

Joe Alexander

Joe and list. In terms of historic significance, the most logical choice is
Sebring. It is Sebring's 60th anniversary of the 12 Hour. Triumph had a strong
presence at the track over the years. Kas was a major player at the track with
the TR effort (and with Nissan if we dare say that word), FOT member Ed Diehl
drove the race in one of the factory TR4's, etc. Downside is the 12 Hour is a
very busy week-end and depending on support races track time is ??? But, if
you want to be part of a truly historic event, this is worth looking at. No
where else will you be able to show the cars in front of 100,000 + people .
Ted
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html