fot

Re: [Fot] VENUE PROPOSALS FOR KASTNER CUP-2011 IMPORTANT FOR

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Tony Drews"
Subject: Re: [Fot] VENUE PROPOSALS FOR KASTNER CUP-2011 IMPORTANT FOR
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 08:37:02 -0500
Tony,

I haven't been to a lot of country club tracks, just 2 in Texas and they are
not legendary. The almost new Eagles Canyon track in far north Texas has
those "combination corners" and a lot of off camber stuff. It's challenging
to say the least and it is up to FIA specs according to their promo stuff.
We should through it out there as a future option based on its location, an
hour and a half north of Dallas/Fort Worth which makes it a two day haul for
most people coming from Socal, and adds about 4 hours to the tow from the
midwest compared to Hallett. CVAR has been willing/wanting to do another
Triumph event so we could make that happen. It is way too close to the
middle of the country after Topeka for this to be a good choice now but for
varieties sake I'd prefer ECR rather than Hallett next time. The 2.5 mile
layout may give you more opportunity to pass, but only if you have the
brakes dialed in.

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi