fot

Re: [Fot] Type A overdrive not disengating on street TR5

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Type A overdrive not disengating on street TR5
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:26:38 -0700
> I've noticed that the OD does not disengage
> right away at

One common cause is a bit of swarf stuck in the tiny hole near the bottom of
the valve operating shaft.  Lots of folks enlarge the hole anyway, for
faster downshifts and less likelihood of getting clogged.

The good news is that you don't have to disassemble the unit, just remove
the transmission tunnel and plug.  While you're in there, wouldn't hurt to
replace the valve ball, and tap it into it's seat.

Without meaning to reopen the fluif wars, I really love the Redline MT-90 in
my A-type.  Both synchro and OD operation are noticeably crisper than with
motor oil, IMO.

Randall
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com