fot

Re: [Fot] Fwd: Thanks for Participating

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fwd: Thanks for Participating
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 20:58:32 -0600
> AND, sitting on the grid for the Kastner Cup was an emotional experience.

Someday soon perhaps I'll get to experience the feeling first hand.

One memory I will take to the grave, which luckily did NOT happen
two weeks ago, was attending the Mid Ohio event in 2002, the 50th
anniversary of the "Sporting Triumph"

Along with many other fans and friends I was in the stands at the
last turn before the finish line.  The air was full of chatter and
anticipation as we all waited for the field to come around on
the pace lap.  As they came into view, it got REAL quiet all of
a sudden.  Well, not on track, but as the cars in the Kastner Cup
race came around that last turn to take the green dead silence
in the bleachers, all eyes on the cars.  And the dry eyes in the
crowd could have been counted on the thumbs of one hand.

I've certainly got emotionally involved in driving a race, that
was perhaps the one time I got even more emotional about
just watching.  I wanted to be in Topeka.

mjb.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html