fot

Re: [Fot] DCOE questions for Spitfire

To: "'f s'" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>, "'triumph friends'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] DCOE questions for Spitfire
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:42:07 -0700
It might have something to do with the uneven runner lengths that are
mandatory with running a single DCOE on any Spitfire engine that has an
8-port head.

At idle you can have one of two things:

1: the inside two cylinders running rich compared to the outside two
2. The outside two cylinders running lean compared to the inside two

Neither of those options are particularly good.

Two DCOEs will have a much more balanced runner arrangement since you have 4
barrels going into 4 inlets on the head.

Joe C.