fot

Re: [Fot] Video question

To: Greg & Alison Blake <ablake2@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Video question
From: Tim Pettenati <tpettenati@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:41:16 -0700 (PDT)
Greg,

I haven't tried the GoPro HD, just the standard definition.  While I
liked the
view with the wide angle lens, the picture was very washed out by
the sun. So
when I had a chance to try the standard lens and the wide angle
back to back, I
preferred the standard lens.

I ended up buying the ContourHD
over the GoPro.  The jury is still out on if
this was the best choice. I've
had a few issues with the ContourHD.  It froze
during the last race I
recorded.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.  It
may be vibration
causing a momentary disconnect on the internal battery.
The sound isn't that
great with a lot of wind noise.  There are a few fixes for
the noise issues,
such as adding foam over the mic, or adding an external mic.
You wouldn't
have that problem in a closed car, or one with a full windshield.

IOPORT
racing has a good comparison of the GoPro / ChaseCam / ContourHD.
http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=C
To see a ContourHD video from our last race.
http://contour.com/stories/111807
Cheers,
Tim Pettenati