fot

Re: [Fot] Brake Bias

To: "marty sukey" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake Bias
From: "Richard Good" <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:38:41 -0400
Marty,

Brake bias is not changed when the rod and yoke assembly slides side to side
in the tube because the ball and socket that is on the threaded rod inside
the tube is also sliding.  The ball is what transfers the force from the
tube to the threaded rod so it is the location of the ball on the threaded
rod in relation to the two yokes that determines the bias.  Generally, the
yokes on each end of the threaded rod should be threaded fairly close to the
big tube in the pedal arm leaving just enough clearance so as to not bind
when the threaded rod operates at maximum angle.  If the yokes want to be
further apart so the rods to the MC's are straight you can use washers or
spacers between.

Richard Good