fot

Re: [Fot] Stocker questions

To: "'fot Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Stocker questions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:34:39 -0700
> I thought I might
> have small disks, but the slotted disks I have are 10- 3/4".

That's the size of the later TR4-TR6 rotors; original TR3 rotors were 11".

The TR4-6 mounts also move the caliper closer to the axle, but I'm not sure
by how much.  The calipers changed at the same time, so may not be strictly
comparable.

> Are there different caliper mounts for TR3?

Not from the factory, although the later mounts will fit on the TR3 vertical
links.

> Trans mounts--I'm using the OD trans from the Ambro. Looks like the
> transmission mount is a little aft of normal, though I haven't stuck a
> mount
> in there yet to check. Anything special needed? I assume I need a shorter
> driveshaft. Yes/No?

As TeriAnn said, the 4-synchro box is a bit longer than the original
3-synchro, so slot the mounting holes in the rear crossmember.  ISTR I also
rolled down the lip on the crossmember a bit, but that may not always be
required.

Depending on which gearbox, you may also need to fiddle with the clutch
linkage.  I used a late TR6 box with the thicker flange, which moved the
clutch slave back by 1/4" or so.  I had to trim the pushrod to match, and
make a bracket for the return spring.  Also longer studs & bolts for
mounting, but that's trivial.

Randall
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com