fot

Re: [Fot] H6 flosts (again)

To: "'Greg & Alison Blake'" <ablake2@austin.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] H6 flosts (again)
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:16:20 -0500
There is a solution.  A fella by the name of Harold Baker made some floats
of the proper dimensions and weight out of aluminum with an o-ring seal at
the top for Bill Dentinger and Bob Wismer.  They were painstakingly made by
Harold.  Bill and Bob have graciously lent me some of the prototypes so I
can get the dimensions from them.  My plan is to talk to a friend of mine
who has a machine shop with CNC milling machines and see if I can't make the
programs and fixtures to "mass produce" this type of float from aluminum bar
stock.  You have now given me some motivation to get off of my butt and get
going on this "winter" project.  I will post occasional updates on my
progress, or lack thereof.

Tim