fot

[Fot] Fwd: Tr3 Cylinder pressures

To: FOT fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Tr3 Cylinder pressures
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 10:10:37 -0700
Pretty sure that what he's looking for is brake mean effective pressure (BMEP)
which is rarely measured--it's a calculated value.

Alexandre, I don't know what your tuner is up to, but you really can't get
there from here. To calculate BMEP you need to measure torque and cylinder
volume, then do the math. For what it's worth, these engines are nowhere near
theoretical limits so the bmep would likely be 7 to 8.5 bar. No idea what
he'll do with that.

Begin forwarded message:

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com