fot

Re: [Fot] Intent to ENTER LAGUNA SECA Kastner Cup Series #9

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Intent to ENTER LAGUNA SECA Kastner Cup Series #9
From: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 23:00:27 -0800
Well Listers, here we go, what constitutes a legitimate entrant ?? You
talking me or my morfidite car? So the HMSA says they prefer,or better
yet,require that the car be a true racer and restored to boot, well I guess
I'm a little confused here. This old hotrod TR4 that i have was raced on the
east coast most of it life, has log books.......yes books,( plural). Yeah
it's not stock, it's a race car, it's what my 3 children chose to buy their
dad as a gift. It's probably got more stories than most. Does it blow the
doors off the competetion because it's SOOOO modified? not hardly. Do the
flares, bigger tires, alternator, crank fire etc; make it less of a true
race car?? I don't think so. You know, people pay good monies to take-in the
'ol cars wheather they be stock, modified or whatever, It's time that some
people and or sanctioning bodies start thinking outside the box. And no, i'm
not saying to let V8s 6spds and dana 60s run amuk. So if i've offended some
people...oh well, am i enterested in the LS Kastner Cup ?? Absolutely,
sounds like a hoot and would like to meet some of the FOT  family, so if you
folks don't mind the car or my charming attitude, then count me
in............signed........Legitimate Entrant